Why does Bremen want to become City of Literature?
In Bremen we believe:
As many people as possible should read.
Reading is important.
By reading, we learn something about others.
And we also learn something about ourselves.
By reading, we can also inform ourselves.
Thats why Bremen wants to promote reading.
How does the application look like?
Bremen has made a plan:
Bremen spoke with different cities that have already been awarded the
title City of Literature.
Heidelberg is a city in Germany.
Leeuwarden is a city in the Netherlands.
Milan is a city in Italy.
Many projects have already been created.
– the Bremer Sprachmusikanten
– the LauschOrte - Sound & Stories
– the literary magazine of Bremen
And these are the other reasons why Bremen can win the title:
– Bremen has its own literature prize.
The prize is an important one in Germany.
– There are various literature festivals in Bremen.
For example, the literature festival Poetry on the Road.
– There are many cultural institutions in Bremen.
For example, there are many libraries.
– And there are also many bookstores and publishers.